Search This Blog

zondag 1 april 2012

James Van Der Beek talks 'Apartment 23', 'Dawson's Creek' reunion

James Van Der Beek talks 'Apartment 23', 'Dawson's Creek' reunion

James Van Der Beek has said that he relishes the "ego assassination" that comes with playing 'himself' in upcoming ABC comedy series Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23.

The Dawson's Creek star will play a heightened, womanising version of James Van Der Beek with his own clothing label, Beek Jeans.

His character is also the ex-boyfriend and best friend of the eponymous 'bitch' in Apartment 23, Chloe (Krysten Ritter).

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Van Der Beek said: "I love doing it. I love the ego assassination that comes with it. It's just so healthy and so good for me."

Asked about the possibility of a Dawson's Creek reunion, Van Der Beek replied: "I mean, if somebody came up with a brilliant idea how to do it, why not?

"I always love that Michelle [Williams] is like, 'I definitely wanna do it! I'm in!' which is so easy for her to say because her character is dead. I always smile when I see that."

Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23 follows small-town girl June (Dreama Walker) who arrives in New York for the first time and moves in with Ritter's Chloe.

Dean Cain and Kevin Sorbo will also play themselves in the series, as will Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka in a guest starring role.

Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23 premieres on April 11 on ABC.